By Haim D Rabinowitch, Lesley Currah
The Alliums are one of the most historical cultivated plants and contain onions, garlic, leeks and different comparable crops. the first target of this e-book is to assemble, in one quantity, updated wisdom got through numerous medical disciplines, from the fundamental molecular point, to software within the box, of the allium plants. It includes commissioned chapters on themes that experience proven significant advances rather within the final 10 years corresponding to molecular biology, floriculture and agronomy. participants comprise prime global professionals from Europe, the united states, Japan and New Zealand.
Read Online or Download Allium crop science : recent advances PDF
Best crop science books
The e-book offers information regarding built-in Pest administration (IPM) to farmers and in addition others similar to agronomists and scholars. The authors describe an method of pest administration that may be utilized to diverse farming events. This technique is in a position to incorporating new plants, items and strategies as they develop into on hand, and so can be worthy while farming adjustments.
Salinity and water pressure restrict crop productiveness around the globe and generate great financial losses every year, but leading edge examine on crop and normal source administration can demonstrate reasonable ways that farmers can bring up either their productiveness and their source of revenue. offering fresh study findings on salt rigidity, water tension and stress-adapted vegetation, this e-book deals insights into new concepts for expanding the potency of vegetation below demanding environments.
Horticultural reports offers state of the art experiences on themes in horticultural technological know-how and know-how masking either easy and utilized examine. themes coated comprise the horticulture of end result, greens, nut vegetation, and ornamentals. those evaluation articles, written by way of international gurus, bridge the space among the really good researcher and the wider neighborhood of horticultural scientists and academics.
There was a wide bring up within the advertisement use of built-in crop/pest administration equipment for pest and illness keep watch over on a variety of plants through the global because the first version of this e-book. The thoroughly revised moment variation of the bestselling organic regulate in Plant safeguard: a colour guide maintains the target of offering a instruction manual with profiles and full-color photos of as many examples of organic keep an eye on organisms from as large a world sector as attainable.
- Chocolate and health : chemistry, nutrition and therapy
- Potato Production, Processing and Technology
- Pastures: Dynamics, Economics and Management (Agriculture Issues and Policies)
- Plowman’s Folly
- WHO Guidelines on Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACP) for Medicinal Plants
Additional info for Allium crop science : recent advances
6. 7. 8. Class Liliopsida. Subclass Liliidae. Superorder Liliianae. Order Amaryllidales. Family Alliaceae. Subfamily Allioideae. Tribe Allieae. Genus Allium. However, other classifications still have their proponents and are still used in some literature. There is more agreement about the delimitation of the genus Allium itself. It is a large genus of perennial, mostly bulbous plants sharing as characteristics: • Underground storage organs: bulbs, rhizomes or swollen roots. • Bulbs: often on rhizomes; true bulbs (one or two extremely thickened prophylls) or false bulbs (thickened basal sheaths plus thickened prophylls (bladeless ‘true scales’)); several tunics, membranous, fibrous or coriaceous; annual or perennial roots.
M. Fritsch and N. 1. Continued. Botanical names of the crop groups Other names used in the literature A. ramosum L. Area of cultivation English names A. , A. tuberosum Rottl. ex Sprengel A. scorodoprasum ssp. ) Stearn China and Japan, worldwide now Turkey Chinese chive, Chinese leek A. sativum L. Common garlic group Longicuspis group A. sativum var. sativum, A. sativum var. typicum Regel A. longicuspis Regel Ophioscorodon group A. schoenoprasum L. A. sativum var. ophioscorodon (Link) Döll A. sibiricum L.
Tuberosum Rottl. ex Sprengel A. scorodoprasum ssp. ) Stearn China and Japan, worldwide now Turkey Chinese chive, Chinese leek A. sativum L. Common garlic group Longicuspis group A. sativum var. sativum, A. sativum var. typicum Regel A. longicuspis Regel Ophioscorodon group A. schoenoprasum L. A. sativum var. ophioscorodon (Link) Döll A. sibiricum L. Mediterranean area, also worldwide Central to South and East Asia Europe, also worldwide A. rotundum L. A. ursinum L. A. victorialis L. A. wallichii Kunth Garlic A.
Allium crop science : recent advances by Haim D Rabinowitch, Lesley Currah